In the first session, you can expect your marriage & relationship therapist, Jeffery Saunders to:
- Listen carefully to your relationship situation, and what you are wanting to do about it – if you know;
- Listen to both viewpoints on what is going on that is not working for you;
- Provide opportunity for you to discover, and get help for, the underlying causes of challenges you face in your relationship;
- Assist you to gain insight into the hidden dynamics of your relationship, how these are affecting your relationship right now, and what must be done if change is to occur;
- Provide hope and strategies as to how to get your relationship back on track, including a step by step outline for moving forward.
- Create a safe environment for ongoing exploration of your relationship/marriage. This safety must extend to the situation in your own home.
- Explain the therapeutic model being used, and why it works so well.
- Give you tasks you can do between the sessions that will help you to gain insight into, and make changes to, your relationship.
- Bring your attention to relevant articles on Jeff’s websites that provide further insight into your situation, and tools to help you improve it.
- Provide the help or advice you seek to take the first steps to bring harmony and love back into your relationship. Check out Articles listed above left to inform yourself about relationship dynamics.
Hours, fees & cancellations:
Most couples sessions are for one hour, sometimes longer by negotiation. Many couples find it useful to have one and a half hour sessions so that they get into the work quickly.
- Cost is just $160 for a one hour session.
- Payment by cheque, internet transfer or cash at the end of each session is preferred.
- Hours are:
- 11.00 am – 7.00 pm Monday – Thursday
- I work from rooms in my own home purpose-built for counselling work.
- Please note that cancellation must be made more than 24 hours before a session so that the time can be made available to others. Later cancellations and forgotten appointments will incur a full fee.
I am accountable to the New Zealand Association of Counsellors ethics policy. Any complaints can be made directly to:
New Zealand Association of Counsellors
P.O. Box 165,
P.O. Box 165,